Billionaires Lead Phuket's Top 5 Rich and Famous Villa List
Thailand's resort island of Phuket is fast becoming the place for the rich and famous in search of tropical island living coupled with great investment. According to the latest story by the leading hotel and real estate BLOG thephuketinsider.com, two of Forbes Magazines leading billionaires have uber luxury villas in Phuket. The Top 5 List is:
1. New Zealand's wealthiest brothers, Richard and Christopher Chandler (one brother formerly CEO of the Sovereign Group) with a fortune valued at over US$ 2 billion according to Forbes.
2. Canadian Robert Friedland,of Ivanhoe Energy and Mines, with Forbes reporting a net worth of US$1.4 billon.
3. Hong Kong's Allan Zeman, who is regarded as the Father of Lang Kwai Fong. While his personal worth remains undisclosed he is highly ranked amongst Asia's most wealthy and influential businessmen.
4. Finnish Formula One star Kimi Raikkonen, is the latest addition, earning a reported US$ 44 million per year and ranked by Forbes as the 5th highest paid sports star and 26th highest paid celebrity.
5. The British Binatone Founder, Gulu Lalvani, rounds out the list with his globetrotting celebrity and multi-million dollar personal fortune.
thephuketinsider.com blog 'The Source for All Hotel & Real Estate News', was launched this week by Bill Barnett, the well known property columnist, hospitality consultant and Managing Director of C9 Hotelworks who is based in Phuket.
"Our passion is to provide independent and intelligent news and commentary on the rapidly developing Greater Phuket storyline. You won't find banner ads, hotel bargains, condos for sale or Google AdWords on the site, it is purely relevant information as it happens without the mass commercialization," commented Bill Barnett.