Mind the Gap – Women In Hospitality Learning Event
Mind the Gap is an ‘in-person’ learning event for women in hotels and tourism. Gender equality remains a key issue in the industry and one which needs both critical discussion and more importantly workable solutions. This will be a half-day afternoon session on Saturday 18th June 2022 at the Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket.
Key topics of discussion will be –
- How can women develop career paths that lead to senior leadership roles
- What support systems exist and what resources are available to women in the industry
- The value of mentoring and ongoing education
- Storytelling and discussions by women who are growing careers
- Mindfulness and how to maintain mental wellbeing
- A realistic approach to navigating the industry, from school through those first jobs
- Finding the balance between work and family life
We have assembled a diverse set of speakers who will share their insights, inspire, educate and give a realistic view of how to overcome the challenges of women in hospitality. Organized by the Phuket Hotels Association and C9 Hotelworks, those who should attend already work in the industry and want to further their skills, knowledge, and find support or those who are seeking to start a career in hotels and tourism.
Prachoom Tantiprasertsuk – General Manager – Dusit Laguna Resort & Vice-President Sales Dusit Hotels and Resorts
Pranapda (Pam) Chirathivat – President, Siam Music Yamaha, Director Siam Motors, and Founder and Chairwomen Dragonfly360
Pamela Ong Cheng Gaik – Hotel Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Phuket Town
Sandra Waterman – Cluster General Manager, Anantara Mai Khao and Avani + Mai Khao
Frouke Gerbens & Praweena Kasai, Rector and Vice-Rector, Dusit Thani College
Sumi Soorien – Executive Director, Phuket Hotels Association
The event fee is THB500 and THB100 for students including lunch. Registration from 11;00 am onwards with lunch from 12:00 to 1:00 pm and session 1:00 to 4:00 pm including a short break.