Smash It. A Phuket Virtual Sports Extravaganza
Ready. Set. Go. Line up with C9 Hotelworks and Delivering Asia Communications for an action-packed, one-hour virtual sports tourism event on Tuesday 9th December at 3:00 pm Thailand.
Sports tourism has played a major role in putting Phuket’s tourism industry on the global map. But what of its future? Covid-19 has in one-way driven us more outside, to experience nature and the beautiful big spaces in our world. But on the other it has left us fearful of gathering in large groups.
How will large sports events be held in a post-pandemic environment? What are the challenges of growing this sector and what are the opportunities as more individual youth-driven sports enter the arena.
Join this one-hour, high-energy virtual conversation on connecting the dots of key drivers – destination, tourism, hospitality, sports, and data. We have assembled a series of leading experts who will speak about how sports tourism is poised to reassert itself as one of Thailand’s leading tourism assets on the island of Phuket, what are the future opportunities and what needs to change to enable the destination to once again host global sporting activities and drive its sports tourism industry.
This is part of a continuing series of virtual hospitality events from Delivering Asia Communications and C9 Hotelworks which is intended to create forward-looking conversations, promote a critical rethink of the industry and offer learnings across a wide variety of subjects.
- Tanes Petsuwan – Deputy Governor, Tourism Authority of Thailand
- Dr. Nittaya Kerdjuntuk – Director, Sports Authority of Thailand
- Paul Wilson – Group Director, Laguna Phuket
- Mark Siegal – Founder, Golf Asian
- Roman Floesser – CEO, GAA Events
- Henk Sijtsma – Commercial Director, Blue Tree Phuket
- Andy Treadwell – Chief Executive Officer at Verventia
Co – Moderators
- David Johnson – CEO, Delivering Asia Communications
- Bill Barnett – Managing Director, C9 Hotelworks