Women in Hotels – Taking on the World
C9 Hotelworks and Delivering Asia Communications are hosting a special virtual event titled Women in Hotels – Taking on the World.
The one-hour online is event is set for Wednesday 19 August 2020 at 3:00 pm Bangkok / 4:00 pm Singapore / 9:00 am London.
Participation is free.
Ready. Set. Go. It’s 2020 and despite a challenging global environment, now more than ever is the time leadership is needed. It’s time to step back and rethink how important human capital is to the hotel business and what critical role women play.
This thought-provoking virtual event featuring an all-female line-up of speakers from Asia, Middle East and Europe is meant to give career women in hotels a voice in the hospitality world.
It’s an anthology that crosses generational lines and intends to ask the hard questions, provide insight and show the journey of women on a progressive path in hotels. We will look from the point of view of a student asking ‘why should I want to work in hotels?’ to a twenty-something figuring out a way up. We’ll feature the perspectives of hotel owners, general managers, corporate leaders and a wide spectrum of experience and views.
For some women hotels are a just a short journey in their lives, while for others it is a lifetime passionate pursuit. The Women in Hotels event is meant to empower thought, mentorship and provide a spirit of entrepreneurship.
- Naureen Ahmed, Director, Marketing, Research & Analysis, Europe, STR
- Anne Arrowsmith, Corporate General Manager, 137 Pillars Chiang Mai
- Rachel Davidson, Cluster General Manager, Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Sunny Yu Grosic, Head of Commercial Performance & Brand Activation, JA Resorts & Hotels
- Irene Hoek, Vice President of Global Residential Development, Rosewood Hotel Group
- Cyndy Tan Jarabata, President, Tajara Leisure and Hospitality Group
- Anchalika Kijkanakorn, Managing Director and Founder, AKARYN Hotel Group (AHG)
- Rebecca Lee, Vice President – Hotel Development, Hotel & Lifestyle Development Services Corporate Office, Galaxy Entertainment Group
- Maylea Palmqvist, Student
- Emma Yap, Consultant, Horwath HTL
- Sumi Soorian, Business Development Director, Delivering Asia Communications